Spectacular panoramic views of the northern coast of Mallorca
How to book: simply send us (date of the hike, number of people, name of the hike you want to book) and we will send you our best proposal.
09:00 h. Old path to La Victòria (Alcúdia)
(39.870895, 3.154671) (mapa)
|highest point||445 meters (Alcúdia Watchtower)|
|recommended minimum age||10 years old|
|highlights||breathtaking panoramics, endemic birds watching|
This tour gives us excellent views from both land and sea, and sometimes can even see the island of Menorca! The Alcúdia Watchtower (XVI century) was part of the set of towers and watchtowers placed at strategic points of the coast to monitor the coast and transmit warnings of danger.
The first part of this route runs in the shade among the pine trees and later along the coast, with the sea breeze, an ideal itinerary for taking in the last days of summer and perfect in any season.
It is a comfortable and not too brisk walk, which begins in the natural area of La Victoria, currently protected by the Law of Natural Areas of the Balearic Islands, climbing the Penya Rotja and to the Alcúdia Watchtower. The return path descends through the Valley of Ses Fontanelles and finishes in S’Illot.
The tour will end in a cove sheltered by the Mountain of Sa Madona, a small pebble beach, quiet, family and picturesque ridges, where we expect a deserved rest and a refreshing swim in its clear waters. Off its coast we will sight the island of Alcanada, crowned by a fantastic lighthouse that illuminates the sunset, to which we can reach on foot or by swimming. In its vicinity stands, too, the Major Tower, part of a defensive fortress of the XVII century to repel pirate attacks.
During the excursion
- Our hiking guide, who knows the area and friendly service, will guarantee us a safe, enriching and fun tour, and will explain the most important aspects of the places visited.
- We will do a trek that will make us travel to the earliest times, both by the landscape and by the stories and legends.
- We will pass by the hermitage of La Victòria, a building of the XV century, with fortified baroque style.
- From the Alcúdia Watchtower we can see a beautiful view: Pollença Bay, Bay of Alcúdia, Formentor Cape, Cape Ferrutx…
- We will visit the beach and lighthouse of Alcanada, where we could relax and give us a deserved bath.
- Often we see: Wild goats, endemic birds…
- Sometimes: Black vultures, ospreys, kites, martens…
- Pines, oaks, reed, mata, saw palmetto, rosemary, steppe Joana, steppe Llimonenca, peonies…
|Personal equipment of each participant|
|Equipment provided by Món d’Aventura|