Incredible views in the Natural Park of Peninsula of Llevant
How to book: simply send us (date of the hike, number of people, name of the hike you want to book) and we will send you our best proposal.
09:00 h. Colonia de Sant Pere (Artà)
(39.739517, 3.281566) (map)
|approximate distance||9 kilometers|
|recommended minimum age||7 years old|
|highlights||breathtaking panoramics, endemic birdwatching|
Nice easy level hike, about 9 kilometers, with spectacular views of the northern coast of Mallorca. Some days we could even see the island of Menorca!
We will pass by the point of Caloscamps, a viewpoint with excellent panoramic views over the Alcúdia Bay. The tour ends in the eponymous cove, located between the point and Sa Cugassa, and under the gaze of the Ermita de Betlem (built at 300 meters above sea level). There we could take a refreshing swim in crystal clear waters. This beach seems excavated in the fossil dunes by the canyon and sea erosion, it’s a cove that combines sandy areas with boulders. The beach is surrounded by tamarind trees that reach the shore of the sea and provide welcome shade, where you could rest and take a well-deserved picnic.
The environment presents a wealth of fauna, flora, cultural heritage and diversity. We could find the skeleton of an old bunker or defensive pillbox of the Civil War, a craft boathouse (where the fishermen kept their boats and fishing gear), scars on the rock by stone quarrying i, in a nearby forest, there is the prehistoric site of talaiots of Ca’n Pa amb Oli.
During the tour
- Our hiking guide, who knows the area and friendly service, will guarantee us a safe, enriching and fun tour, and will explain the most important aspects of the places visited.
- We’ll do a trek that will make us travel to the earliest times, both the landscape and by the stories and legends.
- We’ll visit the beach of Caloscamps where we could relax and give us a deserved bath.
- Often we see: Wild goats, endemic birds…
- Sometimes: Ospreys, kites, dolphins…
- Posidonia, spurge, juniper bush, coastal pine…
|Personal equipment of each participant|
|Equipment provided by Món d’Aventura|