A mysterious paradise for your senses and place full of surprises
How to book: simply send us (date of the hike, number of people, name of the hike you want to book) and we will send you our best proposal.
09:00 h. Mortitx Vineyard (Escorca)
(39.868109, 2.924597) (mapa)
|recommended minimum age||10 years old|
|highlights||canyon of Mortitx|
A perfect combination of sea and mountains: hiking through these spectacular mountains to reach the Caleta d’Ariant.
Finding this path is difficult and the descent is for the most adventurous. If you like being in the heart of nature, this is the perfect tour for you. We will encounter a slight difficulty for walking, but this circular route so recommended traverses through the rugged terrain around the abandoned mountain cottage house of Rafals d’Ariant, and returns through the old track of camí dels Rafals. The itinerary begins with an old peasant way circulations which was used with workhorses, and passes through the Rafals d’Ariant and the Cave of Ses Bruixes (The Witches).
During the excursion
- Our hiking guide, who knows the area and friendly service, will guarantee us a safe, enriching and fun tour, and will explain the most important aspects of the places visited.
- We will do a trek that will make us travel to the earliest times, both by the landscape and by the stories and legends.
- We will start the route from the Mortitx vineyard, which presents a very irregular relief, typical of karst landscape that prevails in the area.
- We will discover the Torrent Fondo de Mortitx, one of the most popular and spectacular canyons in the Serra.
- We will stop at the lookout of Es Balcó d’es Pescadors, on the top of a cliff, to see the spectacular view of the sea.
- We will visit the Rafal d’Ariant, a traditional building of the thirteenth century.
- We will admire the cave of Ses Bruixes (The Witches) and we will discover its mysterious legend.
- Often we see: Wild goats, endemic birds…
- Sometimes: black vultures, ospreys, kites, martens, ferreret…
- Pines, oaks, poplars, mastic, reeds, mata, saw palmetto, rosemary, steppe Joana, steppe llimonenca, criminal violets, ferns, frailillos, cyclamen, lots of endemic plants…
|Personal equipment of each participant|
|Equipment provided by Món d’Aventura|