Seas views, top mountains, virging beach
How to book: simply send us (date of the hike, number of people, name of the hike you want to book) and we will send you our best proposal.
|meeting point||09:00 h. (Pollença)|
|approximate distance||6 kilometers|
|highest point||334 meters (El Fumat)|
|recommended minimum age||7 years old|
|highlights||breathtaking panoramics, endemic birdwatching|
The magnificent peninsula of Formentor, of unspoiled beauty: inspiration for painters and poets throughout history!
This tour offers us the possibility of make a fantastic lap round by an old cobbled path of the times of Queen Elizabeth II, with splendid views: Cala Figuera, Cala Murta, Cala En Gossalba, Bay of Pollença, Alcúdia Bay, Menorca Island, Formentor Lighthouse, Puig Tomir, Puig Major…
The Formentor Peninsula, in the north-west end of the island of Mallorca, is a haven of unsurpassed beauty, which offers many possibilities for lovers of both the sea and the mountains, as both bind to exhibit the most imposing landscapes on the island: jagged rocks and endless valleys full of vegetation, all flanked by the sea, making the space a unique spot, where we can admire, from the heights of the peaks incredible panoramas we’ll not find in the best of the postcards: a spectacle for our eyes!
The Fumat is a cliff that falls vertically on Cala Figuereta, located in the western part of the peninsula. On the other hand, we’ll find the beaches of Cala Murta and Cala En Gossalba, where the traditional route usually is done and little difficulty, but with a considerably high rise.
We’ll begin with a slight descent through houses of Cala Murta, to continue the climb to the Coll de la Bretxa, among oaks and palmettos, first with a gentle ascent, that little by little, will become a bit complicated, as we’ll gain altitude and leave behind the forest. The route we’ll follow consists of a winding path which was built in antiquity, long before the road, and that was the only land access to the lighthouse of Formentor.
Soon we could start to enjoy the beautiful views of the Bay of Pollença, Talaia d’Alcúdia, Cap de Pinar and even, in the distance, the Massif of Artà.
During the tour
- Our hiking guide, who knows the area and friendly service, will guarantee us a safe, enriching and fun tour, and will explain the most important aspects of the places visited.
- We’ll do a trek that will make us travel to the earliest times, both the landscape and by the stories and legends.
- We’ll pass near Cala Figuera, a very unique beach for its geological formation and its transparent turquoise waters.
- From El Fumat we could see a beautiful view on the two sides of the mountain: Pollença Bay, La Victòria, Alcúdia Bay, Serra de Llevant, Formentor Lighthouse, Cavall Bernat Range…
- We’ll go down trough Coll de la Creu, from where we could contemplate a splendid view of Cala Figuera and Cap de Catalunya.
- Often we see: Wild goats, endemic birds…
- Sometimes: Black vultures, ospreys, kites, martens…
- Pines, oaks, olive trees, reeds, mata, saw palmetto, rosemary, Joana steppe, llimonenca steppe…
|Personal equipment of each participant|
|Equipment provided by Món d’Aventura|