The third highest peak in Mallorca, an essential ascent!
How to book: simply send us (date of the hike, number of people, name of the hike you want to book) and we will send you our best proposal.
09:00 h. Road Pollença-Lluc (Pollença)
(39.868958, 2.966220) (mapa)
|1.103 meters (Tomir)
|recommended minimum age
|12 years old
|breathtaking panoramics, endemic birds watching
A route of medium-high difficulty, perfect for people in good physical shape and accustomed to hiking. It is an unfrequented route by the vast majority, both the ascent and descent are very hard and more than half of the journey is no path and you have to go through two walkways a little difficult.
We begin the route from the old road from Pollença to Lluc, with small slope, and moving up a slope increasingly pronounced. We will enter a beautiful forest of oaks (Ses Voltes) where we will continue ascending until reaching the base of the Tomir.
The puig Tomir is one of the highest mountains of Mallorca (1.103 meters) and it enjoys a unique perspective of Pollença and the Formentor peninsula. Screes, cliffs, remnants of the harvest season of snow to make ice, so small thorny bushes, vultures, hawks, magnificent views… make this route one of the most emblematic of the Natural Landscape of the Serra de Tramuntana.
When we will start descending, a path will lead us to the snow house of Tomir and we will continue to the mountain villages of Fartàritx. A donkey trail will finally lead us back to Pollença. A small glorious rise, rough on the rise, a slow decline and a walk through the countryside makes this trip an offer you can’t refuse!
During the excursion
- Our hiking guide, who knows the area and friendly service, will guarantee us a safe, enriching and fun tour, and will explain the most important aspects of the places visited.
- We will do a trek that will make us travel to the earliest times, both by the landscape and by the stories and legends.
- We will venture on our route crossing a rosseguera (landslide) and the Pas d’es Diable (Devil’s Pass).
- From the top we could enjoy views of the mountains (Massanella, Puig Major, Puig Roig, Puig Caragoler, Cap de Formentor …) all the Mallorca coast and sometimes even Menorca and the Peninsula!
- We will pass by the famous snow houses, formerly used to accumulate the snow falling in their wells, and then package it and market it.
- Often we see: Wild goats, endemic birds…
- Sometimes: Black vultures, peregrine falcons, kestrels, kites, martens…
- Brutònica, wild saffron, pine, oak, poplar, reed, mata, saw palmetto, rosemary, steppe Joana, steppe llimonenca, nun bolsters (eixorba-rates white and black), sarsaparilla…
|Personal equipment of each participant
|Equipment provided by Món d’Aventura