from € 45/person with transport from Sa Calobra included
The trekking for excellence: Natural Monument of Mallorca
A route between giant walls and large blocks of rock, mythical for any Mallorcan
|meeting point|| · at 7:50 a.m. at Restaurant Escorca (ESCORCA)
· coordinates: 39.826229, 2.847081
|approximate distance||5 kilometers|
|maximum altitude||630 meters (restaurant Escorca)|
|minimum age||10 years old|
|highlights||incomparable landscape, unique biodiversity|
Because of its 300 meters walls, its wild character and some complicated steps, most of the Majorcan mountaineers consider the Torrent de Pareis as the most extraordinary tour of the island. Because its biological and geological oddities, the Torrent de Pareis has been declared a Natural Monument.
It’s an itinerary with deserved respect: very difficult for some and easy for us and our visitors if it’s done with knowledge and accompanied by a good guide. Appropriate hiking boots or trainers, good physical condition and good health are required. It’s not an easy route, where the work of the guide will give us the confidence to overcome the obstacles on the way and will lead us, during an unforgettable day, to the magical cove of Sa Calobra. Normally, it’s practicable, without a wetsuit, from April to October, but always conditioned to the flow conditions of the canyon that we guides know perfectly.
We will start the excursion at the Escorca Restaurant, where we will leave our cars, at 630 meters above sea level, to descend in approximately one hour, along a cobbled mountain path, to the Torrent de Lluc, where the canyon begins. We will reach the Entreforc (beginning of the Torrent de Pareis) and we will visit the end of the famous Gorg Blau or Sa Fosca canyon, to contemplate the great crack of more than 250 meters high, where a few meters separate both walls.
Purely mountain route through the bed of the canyon of the Torrent de Pareis, where there’s no marked path, but we will move between huge blocks, rocks and whimsical formations shaped by the bed of the canyon. The use of ropes or climbing techniques is not necessary in normal wet conditions and if the correct route and the guide’s instructions are followed.
At the end of the tour, participants can choose whether to return to the meeting point or take the boat to the Port de Sóller.
ATTENTION! ALWAYS inform our booking office before confirming a reservation for this tour if we doubt the ability of any of the participants (by age, fitness, injuries…).
During the excursion
- Our mountain guide, local and expert in the area, will guarantee us a safe, enriching and quality excursion, and will explain the most relevant aspects of Torrent de Pareis.
- We will trek in an unknown and mysterious landscape, far from the typical crowded routes, of a difficult level, which the guide will transform into a medium level.
- We will enjoy the descent overlooking the Puig Roig and Cosconar houses, Range of les Farines, the carabinieri barracks, the canyon of Es Boverons...
- We will pass through unique spots as S’Entreforc, an authentic geological wonder, Es Soldat Pelut cave, Es Capellà pool, of Es Romagueral cave, s’Estaló Walkway, Es Degotís spring… and many more!
- The tour ends in the area of Sa Calobra, the natural mouth of the stream, where we can relax and give us a deserved bath.
The Torrent de Pareis was declared a Natural Monument in 2003. This area has a biological oddity much faunal and floristic interest, which is explained by its rugged morphology, the perfectly unique physical environment and the local microclimate.