Discover the magical valley of Orient and Coanegra canyon, a paradise out of a fairy!
How to book: simply send us (date of the hike, number of people, name of the hike you want to book) and we will send you our best proposal.
09:00 h. Road Bunyola-Orient (Bunyola)
(39.732637, 2.742227) (map)
|approximate distance||8 kilometers|
|recommended minimum age||7 years old|
|highlights||Es Freu waterfall, Son Pou cave|
The panoramic views are spectacular from Orient Valley, as we can see the most imposing mountains of Mallorca standing in front of us. In the mysterious forest of old oaks that crosses the canyon of Coanegra, we can visit the spectacular waterfall of Salt d’Es Freu, where the water plummets from 25 meters high.
We’ll start this spectacular hiking tour in the village of Orient, a small village which is part of the municipality of Bunyola, situated 450 meters above the sea level. It’s an easy hiking route, which runs through different mountain environments. In the last part of this route, we’ll visit the Avenc Son Pou, a cave at the top of the mountain, marvel of geology and former refuge of the poets of the Majorcan School who for years held in this place literary events stimulated by its romantic and scenic spirit. There we will surprise us with a huge room filled of karst formations.
During the tour
- Our hiking guide, who knows the area and friendly service, will guarantee us a safe, enriching and fun tour, and will explain the most important aspects of the places visited.
- We’ll do a trek that will make us travel to the earliest times, both the landscape and by the stories and legends.
- We’ll visit the canyon of Coanegra and the waterfall Salt d’Es Freu.
- We’ll discover the Avenc de Son Pou.
- Often we see: Wild goats, endemic birds…
- Sometimes: Black vultures, ospreys, kites, martens…
- Pines, oaks, olive trees, reeds, mata, saw palmetto, rosemary, Joana steppe, llimonenca steppe…
|Personal equipment of each participant|
|Equipment provided by Món d’Aventura|