Spectacular route with stunning views at 500 meters above the sea
How to book: simply send us (date of the hike, number of people, name of the hike you want to book) and we will send you our best proposal.
09:00 h. Bus station (Valldemossa)
(39.710095, 2.620446) (map)
|approximate distance||15 kilometers|
|highest point||500 meters|
|recommended minimum age||10 years old|
|highlights||spectacular sea views from the heights|
The path of the Archduke runs along the route opened by one of the most famous figures of Mallorca: the Archduke Luis Salvador, a member of the Austrian imperial family who fell in love with the island and never left.
This trail opened at the end of the nineteenth century, runs through spectacular landscapes that leave us admire the cliffs of Deià environment and the peaks of the Serra de Tramuntana. The itinerary culminates in one of the highest peaks of the Serra: Puig d’es Teix.
During the tour
- Our hiking guide, who knows the area and friendly service, will guarantee us a safe, enriching and fun tour, and will explain the most important aspects of the places visited.
- We’ll do a trek that will make us travel to the earliest times, both the landscape and by the stories and legends.
- Route: Valldemosa – Pla d’Es Pouet – Mirador de Ses Puntes – Talaia Vella (Refugio del Archiduque) – Puig Caragolí – Paso d’En Miquel – Puig d’Es Teix – Refugio d’Es Cairats – Valldemossa.
- Often we see: Wild goats, endemic birds…
- Sometimes: Black vultures, ospreys, kites, martens…
- Pines, oaks, olive trees, reeds, mata, saw palmetto, rosemary, Joana steppe, llimonenca steppe…
|Personal equipment of each participant|
|Equipment provided by Món d’Aventura|