Enter a fascinating world in your sea kayak!
Discover the secrets of one of the most unspoilt areas of Mallorca from a different perspective
The Wild North Coast tour is a perfect route for those who want to make a sea kayak trip to one of the most remote and distant places of the island civilization, where we will sail in a closed kayak adapted for longer routes.
|meeting point|| · at 8:50 a.m. at the beach of Cala Molins, in Cala Sant Vicenç (Pollença)
· coordinates: 39.919857, 3.057967
|length|| 3,5 hours
|minimum age|| 16 years
|approximate distance|| 18 kilometers
|highlights||the secrets of El Colomer islet, the Blue Cave and entry into water caves|
|personal equipment needed|
ATTENTION! This tour is designed for people with experience in sea kayaking or practicing sport weekly.
The sea kayaking tour requires a medium-high basic level, as participants will move at a faster kayak and less stable than in our excursions with sit on top canoes, a trip only suitable for more or less sporty people or kayakers.
This kayak tour begins with an explanation of the main techniques to handle a sea kayak and canoe rescue techniques.
During the tour, we will leave with our kayak the spectacular bay of Cala Sant Vicenç, away to the wildest corners of the area, sailing between reefs, under impressive cliffs over 300 meters, hidden water caves…
We will give back the Cavall Bernat, to reach the fantastic virgin beach of Cala Bóquer, a unique corner that hides thousands of secrets. Among them, the Blue Cave or Bufador of Bóquer, magnificent hidden among the rocks surrounding the cove and which can only be accessed from the sea. If sea conditions allow us, we will venture to discover this amazing cave.
Once reached the farthest point of the tour, we will return to the starting point in deep water, gazing at the panoramic views of the most spectacular places of Serra de Tramuntana. In fact, we will become the most sought objective for any camera from the viewpoint of Formentor.
During the tour
- Our kayak guide, who knows the area and friendly service, will guarantee us a safe, enriching and fun tour, and will explain the most important aspects of the places visited.
- We will sail through the most turquoise and crystal clear waters of Mallorca, exploring spectacular landscapes and hidden corners.
- We will cross all the mountains of Cavall Bernat until leaving the bay of Cala Sant Vicenç, sailing under giant cliffs, reefs and mysterious aquatic caves.
- We will give back by the Punta de la Salada and Punta Troneta, behind which they hide, still, many more surprises.
- We will visit the Blue Cave or Bufador of Bóquer, a large aquatic cavity that reflecys blue tones under the sea and allows us to swim inside.
- We will get to the mythical island of El Colomer.
- We return to the starting point with our sea kayak where we could relax while enjoying the spectacular views to the Formentor Viewpoint, Albercutx Watchtower, Cova del Aragonès, Punta Nau, Punta de la Salada and Punta Troneta, Serra del Cavall Bernat, Punta de Coves Blanques… and much more!
If someone wants to navigate in a single kayak, they can do so, requesting it, in advance, to our reservation center, and paying a supplement.