This route is not offered within our weekly program. You can only book by expressly requesting it to our reservation center.
The Bóquer Valley, a place full of history, magic… and unimaginable secrets!
A trip by land and sea to enter the most hidden corners of Pollença
|meeting point|| · at 9:50 a.m. at Cala Bóquer parking (Port de Pollença)
· coordinates: 39.912973, 3.084137
|length|| 3,5 hours
|minimum age|| 7 years
|approximate distance|| 9 kilometers (3 km. hiking and 6 km. kayaking)
|highlights||visit of a virgin cove and the Blue Cave|
|personal equipment needed|
A hiking trail that will take us to the oldest Mallorca. The path runs by one of the most interesting places of Mallorca: the Bóquer Valley. A mountain guide will accompany us on this beautiful tour explaining the most representative aspects of the place, such as the Bóquer stately houses, the ancient town of “Bocchoris“, constructions previous to the Roman settlement, Muslim buildings, old mountain jobs… A simple route of spectacular scenery, surrounded by large limestone blocks planted in a valley of cliffs, where the first inhabitants of the islands lived in ancient times. The trail leads in just over an hour to Cala Bóquer, a unique corner that hides thousands of secrets, only accessible on foot or by sea.
Cala Bóquer is introduced 300 meters inland, barricaded by towering cliffs, limestone and free of vegetation. There we could have fun doing cliff jumping and snorkeling among its clear waters, where we could discover fish of different sizes and colors, and we’ll relax enjoying an idyllic landscape, surrounded by cliffs of strange rock formations.
Having rested and taken the time to explore the corners of the beach, we’ll start our kayak route. Before going sailing with our kayak, our guide will introduce us to the most basic kayak techniques to make the trip safely. During the trip, we’ll quietly abandon Cala Bóquer with our kayak and, if sea conditions permit, we’ll enter the magnificent Blue Cave or Bufador of Bóquer, hidden among the rocks surrounding the cove and which can only be accessed from the sea. We’ll turn to Cavall Bernat, to enter the spectacular bay of Cala Sant Vicenç, getting closer to the wildest corners of the area, sailing between reefs, under impressive cliffs over 300 meters, hidden water caves…
During the Tour
- Our guide, who knows the area and friendly service, will guarantee us a safe, enriching and fun tour, and will explain the most important aspects of the places visited.
- We’ll do a trek that will make us travel to the earliest times, both the landscape and by the stories and legends of the people living in the valley of Bóquer: the Bocchoritans.
- We’ll meet the unspoilt cove of Cala Bóquer, where we could choose the adventure that most interests us: diving with snorkel, jumping into the sea from the rocks… or just relax and enjoy the scenery.
- We’ll learn quickly the basics of kayaking.
- We’ll sail through the most turquoise and crystal clear waters of Mallorca, exploring spectacular landscapes and hidden corners.
- We’ll visit the Blue Cave or Bufador of Bóquer, a large aquatic cave where blue tones are reflected under the sea and allows us to swim inside.
- We’ll enjoy spectacular views to the Formentor Viewpoint, Talaia Albercutx, El Colomer Island, The Aragonès Cave, Range of Cavall Bernat, Cape of Coves Blanques…
- We’ll turn by Punta de la Salada and Punta Troneta, behind which they hide, still, many more surprises.
- We’ll cross all the mountains of Cavall Bernat to get into the bay of Cala Sant Vicenç, sailing under giant cliffs, reefs and mysterious aquatic caves.
If someone wants to navigate in a single or in a sea/closed kayak, they can do so, requesting it, in advance, to our reservation center, and paying a supplement.