Hiking by one of the oldest and most historic paths of Mallorca
09:00 h. Refuge of Pont Romà (Pollença)
(39.882409, 3.013530) (map)
|approximate distance||14 kilometers|
|highest point||693 meters|
|recommended minimum age||7 years old|
|highlights||part of the GR221|
This first or last stage of the GR221 (Ruta de Pedra en Sec) is a comfortable stage and allows us intimate moments to savor the authentic Majorcan mountain. In this beautiful stretch of the great route par excellence of the Serra de Tramuntana, we’ll walk among large farms along a path which includes many Roman reminiscences, where we could appreciate the art of the work done by our ancestors and the importance of the mountain in the past.
This stretch runs along a stone path that crosses a large oak forest. During our walk, we’ll find lots of constructions, natural elements and secrets of this great forest. We’ll finish the itinerary in the Sanctuary of Lluc, where we can have a cup of chocolate and ensaïmada, visit the famous Virgin of LLuc, the botanical garden, the Camel Rock, contemplate the spectacular karst formations in the area and many other options offered by this mythical place of pilgrimage.
During the tour
- Our hiking guide, who knows the area and friendly service, will guarantee us a safe, enriching and fun tour, and will explain the most important aspects of the places visited.
- We’ll do a trek that will make us travel to the earliest times, both the landscape and by the stories and legends.
- We’ll walk surrounded by mountains: Puig Gros Ternelles, Puig Tomir, Puig Roig, Puig Caragoler of Femenia… and many more!
- We could enjoy views of the Mills of Llinars, some of which, of Islamic origin, the canyon of Muntanya, different valleys (d’en March, Alcanella)…
- We’ll visit multitude of springs (Muntanya, s’Ermità, Es Pedregaret…) throughout the tour.
- We’ll discover curious figures of ethnological heritage, as the saithe barracks.
- We will pass through different farms, as the houses of Binifaldó, of Islamic origin.
- We’ll discover the Pere’s Oak, a model of very unique oak of 500 years old.
- Often we see: Wild goats, endemic birds…
- Sometimes: Black vultures, ospreys, kites, martens…
- Pines, oaks, olive trees, reeds, mata, saw palmetto, rosemary, Joana steppe, llimonenca steppe…
|Personal equipment of each participant|
|Equipment provided by Món d’Aventura|
|People with special needs||Private tour|
|Our guides and instructors have extensive experience with all types of people and groups. Contact our reservation center to inform and advise with everything you need.||Do you want to choose when and how to enjoy your exclusive tour? Contact our reservation center and our best guide will accompany you on an adventure completely tailored to your needs and preferences.|
This tour is not scheduled in the calendar of activities Món d’Aventura. If you are interested in this route, contact our reservation center and we will explain how to book it.