From civilization to nature! Snorkeling in crystal clear waters in the pristine coast of Formentor. Open water and lots of fun!
The Kayak trip in the area of Formentor is route especially designed for those who want to make a nice and easy path that will allow us to move quickly in a spectacular unspoilt area full of secrets.
09:50 h. Hernán Cortés, 11 (Pollença)
(39.909318, 3.096686) (map)
|length||2,5 hours / 3 hours (long option with boat tour)|
|approximate distance||4 kilometers|
|kayak type||sit on top / open|
|recommended minimum age||7 years old|
|highlights||The Fortress, the lighthouse, Eu Caló (wild cove)|
Before going sailing with our kayak, our guide will introduce us to the most basic kayak techniques to make the tour safely.
During the exit, we will leave from the bay of Pollença towards the north, passing the impressive military airfield where we can contemplate the curious seaplanes maneuvering. We’ll sail quietly with our kayak on crystal waters over hallucinatory Posidonia banks, while skirting the peninsula of Cape Avançada, where it’s located one of the largest and most prestigious country estates, The Fortress, a historic building built in the seventeenth century to defend the peninsula of Pollença of Berber incursions, which treasures a glorious and colorful history.
After crossing the Cape of Punta Avançada, if sea conditions permit, we’ll sail in deep water and play with the waves in a fun way. We will end our trip zigzagging between the boats of the Port de Pollença to reach the starting point.
During the Tour
- We will learn quickly the basics of kayaking.
- Our kayak guide, who knows the area and friendly service, will guarantee us a safe, enriching and fun tour, and will explain the most important aspects of the places visited.
- We will sail through the most turquoise and crystal clear waters of Mallorca, exploring spectacular landscapes and hidden corners.
- We will disembark in an area accessible only by sea, where we will take a break to regain strength. We could choose the adventure that most interests us: diving with snorkel, jumping into the sea from the rocks… or just relax and enjoy the scenery.
- We will start in Port de Pollença, via La Platjola and up to Cape Avançada.
- We will contemplate great views towards the bays of Alcúdia and Pollença, Cape Formentor and Cape Pinar.
- If sea conditions allow us, we’ll go to the limit to practice a bit of kayak surfing with the waves crashing on the lighthouse.
Longer possibility (when the tour lasts 3,25 hours instead of 2,5 hours)
- If it’s possible and it’s not extremely windy, we’ll do a longer tour until the wild cove of Eu Caló and we’ll visit a secret water cave.
- Often we see: wild goats, ospreys, cormorants, birds and many endemic fishes of different shapes and sizes.
- Sometimes: black vultures, kites, dolphins, flying fishes…
|Equipment provided by Món d’Aventura|
|People with special needs||Private Tour|
|Our guides and instructors have extensive experience with all types of people and groups. Contact our reservation center to inform with everything you need.||Do you want to choose when and how to enjoy your exclusive tour? Contact our reservation center and our best guide will accompany you on an adventure fully adapted to your needs and preferences.|
SPECIAL OFFER! A child under 11 years sitting in a double kayak between two adults doesn’t pay!
*Applicable to one child for every two adults for the 2,5 hours tour.