Mortitx: A mysterious paradise for your senses and place full of surprises
09:00 h. Mortitx Vineyard (Escorca)
(39.868109, 2.924597) (mapa)
|recommended minimum age||10 years old|
|highlights||canyon of Mortitx|
Discover the most spectacular and primitive landscapes of Mallorca. The canyon area of Mortitx and Ariant is perhaps the most unspoiled and remote spot of the Majorcan civilization.
A perfect combination of sea and mountains: hiking through these spectacular mountains to reach the Caleta d’Ariant.
Finding this path is difficult and the descent is for the most adventurous. If you like being in the heart of nature, this is the perfect tour for you. We will encounter a slight difficulty for walking, but this circular route so recommended traverses through the rugged terrain around the abandoned mountain cottage house of Rafals d’Ariant, and returns through the old track of camí dels Rafals. The itinerary begins with an old peasant way circulations which was used with workhorses, and passes through the Rafals d’Ariant and the Cave of Ses Bruixes (The Witches).
During the excursion
- Our hiking guide, who knows the area and friendly service, will guarantee us a safe, enriching and fun tour, and will explain the most important aspects of the places visited.
- We will do a trek that will make us travel to the earliest times, both by the landscape and by the stories and legends.
- We will start the route from the Mortitx vineyard, which presents a very irregular relief, typical of karst landscape that prevails in the area.
- We will discover the Torrent Fondo de Mortitx, one of the most popular and spectacular canyons in the Serra.
- We will stop at the lookout of Es Balcó d’es Pescadors, on the top of a cliff, to see the spectacular view of the sea.
- We will visit the Rafal d’Ariant, a traditional building of the thirteenth century.
- We will admire the cave of Ses Bruixes (The Witches) and we will discover its mysterious legend.
- Often we see: Wild goats, endemic birds…
- Sometimes: black vultures, ospreys, kites, martens, ferreret…
- Pines, oaks, poplars, mastic, reeds, mata, saw palmetto, rosemary, steppe Joana, steppe llimonenca, criminal violets, ferns, frailillos, cyclamen, lots of endemic plants…
|Personal equipment of each participant|
|Equipment provided by Món d’Aventura|
|People with special needs||Private tour|
|Our guides and instructors have extensive experience with all types of people and groups. Contact our reservation center to inform and advise with everything you need.||Do you want to choose when and how to enjoy your exclusive tour? Contact our reservation center and our best guide will accompany you on an adventure completely tailored to your needs and preferences.|
This tour is not scheduled in the calendar of activities Món d’Aventura. If you are interested in this route, contact our reservation center and we will explain how to book it.