Valley of Lluc, a must for any mountaineer in Mallorca
09:00 h. Sanctuary of Lluc (Escorca)
(39.821379, 2.884651) (map)
|Approximate distance||5 kilometers|
|Recommended minimum age||7 years old|
|Highlights||incredible karst formations, Sanctuary of Lluc|
Very interesting and scenic route, a circular tour that leads us along a trail in the woods, where we find a variety of magical rock formations (such as The Camel rock).
During our walk, we’ll find lots of constructions, natural elements and secrets of this great forest. We’ll finish the itinerary at the same starting point, in the famous Sanctuary of Lluc, where we can have a cup of chocolate and ensaïmada, visit the famous Virgin of LLuc, the botanical garden…
Near this place we’ll find the famous Camel Rock, we can contemplate the spectacular karst formations in the area and many other options offered by this mythical place of pilgrimage. Also, we’ll visit the prehistoric cave of Cometa d’es Morts, the viewpoint of Es Pixarells… learn about the ancient mountain chickadees and, of course, the beautiful surrounding landscape, guarded by some of the most important peaks of Mallorca. We’ll have time to visit the Interpretation Center of Ca s’Amitger, where there is a permanent exhibition, with explanatory leaflets about the center and the area.
If we like the area and we’re fit enough, we can easily incorporate the route to Binifaldó and Coll Pelat and burn some calories before attacking the chocolate!
During the tour
- Our hiking guide, who knows the area and friendly service, will guarantee us a safe, enriching and fun tour, and will explain the most important aspects of the places visited.
- We’ll do a trek that will make us travel to the earliest times, both the landscape and by the stories and legends.
- We’ll start from Lucus, the sacred forest of prehistory and first Marian shrine of the Balearic Islands since the thirteenth century.
- We’ll walk surrounded by mountains: Massanella, Tomir, Galileu, Puig Roig… and many more!
- We’ll discover curious figures of ethnological heritage, as the saithe’s barracks.
- We’ll visit the famous Camel Rock, a rock formation that the popular imagination has baptized with that name.
- We’ll discover the cave of Cometa d’es Morts, a cavity considered a special historical, natural and biological place.
- We’ll enjoy the singing of the Blauets, one of the main attractions of the Sanctuary with roots in the XIII century.
- Often we see: Wild goats, endemic birds…
- Sometimes: Black vultures, ospreys, kites, martens…
- Pines, oaks, olive trees, reeds, mata, saw palmetto, rosemary, Joana steppe, llimonenca steppe…
|Personal equipment of each participant|
|Equipment provided by Món d’Aventura|
|People with special needs||Private tour|
|Our guides and instructors have extensive experience with all types of people and groups. Contact our reservation center to inform and advise with everything you need.||Do you want to choose when and how to enjoy your exclusive tour? Contact our reservation center and our best guide will accompany you on an adventure completely tailored to your needs and preferences.|
This tour is not scheduled in the calendar of activities Món d’Aventura. If you are interested in this route, contact our reservation center and we will explain how to book it.